Pages

Tuesday, March 24, 2009

humans versus computers

Once when I was a medstudent, I worked at an overwhelmingly busy trauma unit. Of the ten patients I admitted there one night, 8 of them didn't make it to the next morning.

I was slightly depressed by this. So gave the husband ( who was then just the boyfriend)a call for some sympathy.


"Eight of my patients died last night" I moaned.

"That's so very sad," he said, "I know how you feel,my computer died today."


Um...ja...it's not quite the same, baby. Last time I checked one can't exactly reboot a human.

6 comments:

Mo said...

I once booted an irritating human. He got up, so I had to re-boot him. After that, he didn't get up. That was a good day.

Anonymous said...

Classic, since most of your characters are related in some way or the other I can imagine them playing their roles with glee. You should fwd your material to Mark Lottering.

David Harley said...

hey doc! you still alive?

Dr S. said...

oh god yes, thank you, I'm still alive, barely, after an insane week where I was posted in the trauma unit EVERY DAY for a week. WTF??? I have done something wrong, very wrong in a past life to deserve this...

Ketan said...

Hey, you believe in karma and rebirth! Wow, now half your life-problems are solved! ;)

Dr S. said...

HA HA Ketan...I guess in a way I do believe that...we're ultimately just energy waves aren't we? And energy cannot be destroyed or created, it just get's transferred from one form into another...so when we die and disintegrate, that energy gets absorbed into something right?

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails